Sunday, September 13, 2009

structure
















I have always been fascinated by how things were built, the lines that the creases and joints make. The way things fit and how they function can come together beautifully. Growing up we would make cider from our apple trees. The machine that we used and still use is very simple but there is something that pulls me aesthetically; maybe it is just nostalgia...

Another mechanical aspect that has become mixed in my life has been my car. We fumbled through our restoration process with books, movies and other Volkswagen fanatics. We laughed and were amazed at how the cars mechanics have been compacted to make it more efficient, like how the pressure for the windshield fluid comes from the spare tire.

Working in the woodshop has also played a part. Foundation year I made my largest piece, a chair. Besides having a chair that is interesting to look at and comfortable it was to be without or with minimal extraneous decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment