Sunday, April 25, 2010

a sense of place



Installing off campus for A Sense of Place was inspiring and informative. Trying to fit my studio working studio became a problem solving situation I needed to face head on; I needed to balance my allotted time with the piece's stages of drying. I worked alongside the curators of the show in the stressful finishing times before the show. Their passion for the show and the work in the show made me focus on my work, making it not so much for me but for them, for the people who would see it. Although I wish I could have had an extra day for more touch ups, I learned how to better budget my time for the next show or time limit I need to function within. The preparation for the show was filled with encouragement from my peers and the curators.

No comments:

Post a Comment