Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm a creep



Judy Fox is a master of the human form in all stages of life. But right now her work of young children inspire and motivate me for my own studio work. To precisely sculpt a child's proportions is a challenge in itself, but the poses she places them in brings a whole other dynamic to the work.
Awkwardly alluring your eyes to stare.


In studio, as I struggle sculpting my own adolescent figure, weird social topics come up. My studio mates discuss ways to compare my piece with an actual girl. These ideas consist of going to a park and doing a couple of a few things, 1. pull aside a girl and take photos of her. 2. lure children with candy or ice cream, 3. other things I am not comfortable distributing on the internet. Besides the park, 'googling' "13 year old girls was brought up but proved itself of projected unwanted fruits.

I feel like a creeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment